Senior Consultant (f/m)
for innogy Consulting U.S.
innogy Consulting is an energy-focused management consulting firm with operations in North America, Europe, and the Middle East. Our consultants drive strategic projects spanning from strategy development to digitization, market entry to process optimization, for leading energy companies and organizations, who intend to fortifying their businesses for the future. Our team of more than 180 consultants, serves leading energy companies to address their most complex business opportunities and challenges.
innogy Consulting’s Boston Office:
Our Boston office is the latest addition to innogy’s Consulting’s global presence. We are actively developing our utility client base in North America and looking for enthusiastic consultants to join our team and help grow our operations.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Consultant, you will play a key role in leading innogy Consulting’s innogy Consulting’s rapid growth in North America. You will be part of a dynamic project team in a start-up setting, focusing on the development of our business within the region. We will count on you to lead small teams and eventually take responsibility for client projects along the entire energy value chain as our business portfolio grows.
- Lead the process of designing new strategies, developing business cases, and conducting analyses for potential client projects
- Steer multiple project modules and work streams and provide guidance to more junior team members
- Communicate solutions and new strategies to clients through reports and presentations
- Lead development responses to RFP’s, including board-level presentations
- Drive and suggest initiatives for internal office operations, including but not limited to business development, recruiting and marketing activities
Rigorous undergraduate degree with minimum 4 years of professional experience or MBA/advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience
Experience owning management consulting projects or large work pieces within the energy sector
Excellent project management and leadership skills
Comfortable working in smaller, highly international teams and supervising junior staff
Outstanding research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; superior interpersonal skills and experience interacting with executives
Self-motivation and ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity
Willingness to travel at short notice, both locally and internationally
Broad understanding of US energy sector, including electrical utilities, preferred
Working proficiency of a European language would be a plus