for innogy Consulting Americas
Drive the transformation of the energy market toward sustainability. Germany-based innogy Consulting is expanding their business to the United States market and is looking for a Managing Consultant to develop innogy Consulting Americas.
innogy Consulting Americas LLC is the newest addition of innogy Consulting. A strategy- and management consultancy, innogy Consulting delivers state-of-the-art consulting with solutions for sustainable energy generation and -consumption for whole communities, cities and enterprises alike. After successful testing of the US market, the decision was made to build up a local presence in the US – giving birth to innogy Consulting Americas. With innogy Consulting Americas a clear commitment was made to offer the combined expertise in top management consulting and the energy industry to the North American market.
Background on innogy, mother company of innogy Consulting:
innogy is an established European energy company. Building on the expertise of its 40,000 employees, innogy focuses on Renewables, Grid & Infrastructure and Retail. Operating 3.6 gigawatts in renewable generation capacity as well as electricity and gas grids extending over approximately 570,000 kilometers (376,250 miles) throughout Europe and reliably supplying some 23 million customers with energy in eleven European countries, innogy is the blueprint for a modern European energy company. It stands for new ideas, flexibility and innovative products, shaping the transformation of the energy world.
Your role as Managing Consultant at innogy Consulting Americas:
As an ambitious and highly skilled Managing Consultant you will take on responsibility for Consulting projects across the energy value chain. You will be asked to support the development of our new division, growing our business through support of current- and acquisition of new clients in the North America market. Development and implementation of energy concepts and strategies, analyzing current processes and [sustainable] energy industry topics will be core elements of your work. As part of an international team, you will manage projects, project modules and work streams in alignment with our clients. Leading project teams, facilitation of workshops, consulting decision makers and presenting project progress- and results to management will be part of your work routine. Simultaneously grow your network within the US market and the innogy Group.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
• Ability to listen, analyze and identify needs and objectives of customers
• Knowledge and analytical skill to develop customized project solutions
• Apply consulting methods and practices in strategy discussions
• Leadership skills built in culture of learning and respect
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ years professional experience working in a management or strategy consulting position
• Project management and project leadership experience in an international environment
• Insightful and discerning knowledge of the energy industry
• Degree in Business, engineering, sciences, or similar experiences, with strong analytical skills
• Proven skills in sales and customer acquisition – preferably in the consulting industry
• Strong English written and oral language skills – Spanish and German skills beneficial
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
• You enjoy challenges in an international environment
• You are proactive, entrepreneurial and result-oriented
• You demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and persistence
• You instill integrity, openness, trust and thoughtfulness
• You use highly developed interpersonal and team-working skills
• You are driven to achieve the best possible outcome