Operations Associate (f/m)
for innogy Consulting U.S.
From day one, varied and challenging work awaits you in the friendly, yet dynamic environment of a consulting upstart backed by a leading European energy company. Come and help change the world of energy by directly contributing to the North American growth of our consulting team and carve your own journey as we grow together. The Operations Associate position is your chance to explore and shape the key business support functions that provide the foundation for our business. As our operations in the US expand, you will have opportunities to learn quickly and take on a high level of ownership from day one.
You will have the chance to create and shape new processes, take ownership of growing our business, and learn new things every day. As a budding new office, we are looking for someone to proactively anticipate needs and provide agile solutions, as well as communicate well in a team spread across diverse geographies and cultural backgrounds. We are an international team united in our passion for the energy industry and offer an exciting work environment, growth opportunities and the chance to help expand in a new market.
innogy Consulting is an energy-focused management consulting firm with operations in North America, Europe, and the Middle East. Our consultants drive strategic projects spanning from strategy development to digitization, market entry to process optimization, for leading energy companies and organizations who intend to fortify their businesses for the future. Our team of more than 180 consultants serves leading energy companies to address their most complex business opportunities and challenges.
innogy Consulting’s Boston Office:
Our Boston office is the latest addition to innogy Consulting’s global presence. We are actively developing our utility client base in North America and looking for an enthusiastic Operations Associate to join our team and help grow our operations. We value our employees and offer a competitive salary with full range of benefits, including 401(k) matching and health insurance coverage.
The Operations Associate will:
Financial Management (40%)
- Coordinate with and be first point of contact for external service provider for accounting, treasury, and tax issues
- Own financial operations in the US and liaison with banking institutions
- Develop and implement expensing, accounting, and reporting functions
- Identify discrepancies and assure compliance
Employee Experience (35%)
- Perform HR management activities and develop broader people strategy
- Interact with Payroll services and pension plan providers, support US staff with related queries
- Drive employee development activities and foster office culture
- Coordinate bi-annual guidance and development circles
- Champion needs of the US operations and communicate with headquarters
Office Management (25%)
- Identify areas of improvements, propose solutions, and implement them
- Provide dedicated project support to one or more consulting projects, for example secondary research
- Manage incoming and outgoing communication
- Undergraduate degree with first work experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Adaptability, willingness to learn, comfort with ambiguity
- Self-motivated, independent worker, able to prioritize workload
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, and a friendly interpersonal manner
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as in small teams
- Experience with conducting basic research (e.g. report summaries)
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative
- Born organizer and action-oriented multi-tasker
Additional Skills useful for the Position:
- Knowledge of financial accounting concepts
- Experience with HR agenda
- Industry expertise in Utilities, Consulting, or high-growth Start-ups a bonus